Mortgage Industry Executive Session Summary
Last week I spent two hours hosting, with Speridian Technologies, an executive round table session discussing the mortgage industry. Summary of the conversation is outlined below:
Top Five: Biggest pain being felt today?
▪ Not having the right talent & culture
▪ Over capacity in the lending/origination business today (ties to the manual process and many different touch points/vendors involved in the process today)
▪ Forbearance risks and uncertainty
▪ Liquidity risks and stress on the system
▪ Efficiency and the cost per loan still increasing even with digital transformation initiatives
Key Areas for Action and Recommendations Summarized
1. Focus on automation and hybrid-automation models in the back-office. As one executive mentioned, the amount of processes and manual work still going on today is ripe for automation. Conduct analysis on the highest impact/value versus feasibility to build your roadmap.
2. Predictive intelligence & AI is key to drive more effective decisions in both the front-end of the business through the non-performing loan side of the business. Find “partners” who have the key data (structured & unstructured) to build out prototypes. Validate and iterate the models to enhance accuracy.
3. Data integration initiatives are key to feed the decision models and digital transformation projects.
4. Outsourcing non-core functions (IT, HR, Ops, Sales) with partners who can reduce fixed operating costs and build scalable operations or capacity are imperative.
5. Remote workforce here to stay and explore key operating and HR strategies to maximize remote talent into the future (not just through the crisis).
Attaching the brief for your review and we cover samples or areas of focus within the process for implementation of RPA, predictive intelligence, and other strategic efforts to position your team for future success.
On behalf of my clients, (Speridian Technologies, National Bankruptcy Services and Spectrum Solutions Acquisitions), we look forward to covering related best practices and can discuss in a tailored executive brief for your team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details on scheduling your personalized brief.
Previous Blog Posts
Click to view blog
The Importance of Property Preservation and Inspections in Default Servicing
While there are many facets to the default servicing industry, one of the more overlooked areas by many institutional owners and investors is the selection of a well-equipped property preservation and inspection vendor who can...
Interview with Spectrum Solutions Acquisitions’ National Sales Director, Bill Mueller
We've interview Spectrum Solutions Acquisition's Nation Sales We interviewed Spectrum Solutions Acquisition's Sales Director Bill Bueller who provides field inspection, property renovation and property preservation services to discuss the challenges they face and how...
Mortgage and Real Estate Trends and the impact of COVID-19
https://youtu.be/8NXhMisueYc Greg Rosner of PitchKitchen Interviews Troy Routh, COO of Spectrum Solutions on how the industry of Real Estate players such as Property Managers, Landlords and Tenants are affected by COVID-19. Greg Rosner has been instrumental to...
Your Property. Our Passion
Your Property. Our Passion.Calm before the storm later this year. Spectrum is assisting loan servicers and real estate investors with attacking quality issues, code violations, FHA conveyance challenges and natural disasters. We're providing an overview into how this...
Is your Loan Servicer Prepared to Deliver Results?
Is your Loan Servicer Prepared to Deliver Results?I attended the Experian Credit Trend webinar yesterday (see detailed presentation below) and there were various economic and credit factors that stood out to me. Several of these included: Page 8: Only 1/3rd of the...
Latest Housing Trends Published by Realtor.com
Latest Housing Trends Published by Realtor.comRealtor.com's research team releases regular monthly housing trends reports. These reports break down inventory metrics like the number of active listings and the pace of the market. In light of the developing COVID-19...